- Matchr’s Top 3 Picks
- Trusted By
- Match’s List of Top 10 Best Talent Management Software Recommendations
- What Is Talent Management Software?
- Why Use Talent Management Software?
- How To Choose the Best Talent Management Software
Last Updated on
Talent management software can cover various tasks related to supervising a workforce. When it comes to a business, the needs are extremely diverse and all aspects are important. That’s where talent management software can help from assisting in the recruitment process all the way to career management.
Matchr’s Top 3 Picks
Match’s List of Top 10 Best Talent Management Software Recommendations
1 Paycor HCM
Paycor consists of cloud-based modules that can be accessed from anywhere, including mobile devices, and includes cloud-based software that enables the management of all aspects of HR. This software helps companies easily invest in employees with their talent and learning management modules. They prioritize customer experience and has both an intuitive user interface and robust customer support, including an online knowledge database, support bia chat functionality, customer groups, and access to customer representatives.
- A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Articles, videos, and reference guides accessible with the “Get Help” button
- Employee app enables viewing of paycheck details including earnings, deductions, taxes, direct deposit, and more
- Free demo and buyer’s guide available
- Product improvement ideas and user voting accessible with the “Give Feedback” button
Rippling was founded in 2016 and is software that can run your global workforce – from payroll and expenses to devices and applications. It brings together all of the workforce systems so, for the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system. They also seamlessly integrate compatibility with third-party applications like Microsoft 365 and Slack
Why Rippling Made Our List of Best Talent Management Software
- Customizable software fields, permissions, branding, workflows, and approvals
- Simplified PTO and time-off tracking and PTO and payroll synchronization
- Integration with more than 500 applications
- First HR platform to also integrate with IT
Workday aims to help companies develop a hiring and talent management strategy that is based on skills so that HR can plan around what skills employees currently possess as well as what skills they should obtain in the future. They include features to help HR get feedback from employees so that managers can always be aware of problems and opportunities for improvement. This company seeks to help businesses adapt quickly to keep up with a rapidly changing world.
Why Workday Made Our List of Best Talent Management Software
- A great tool to centralize employee data including flexible benefit and pension plans.
- User-friendly, simple application that opens quickly and is easy to navigate and learn
- Ability to personalize the tool and allows you to make your profile feel like your own
- Great software to find and attract new talents for specific positions based on their personality, skills, and styles.
Monday.com can be used by nonprofits, small businesses, or enterprise-sized organizations. They offer a variety of different software platforms from project management, sales, marketing, and development to HR. The employee development features enable HR and managers to clearly view each employee’s performance even on a day-to-day basis so that managers can help their employees improve and ensure their success. This company is designed to function as an all-in-one system for recruitment, onboarding, employee well-being, leave requests, performance reviews, and more.
Why Monday.com Made Our List of Best Talent Management Software
- Track everything using charts and dashboards, giving a bird’s eye view of entire projects
- Set up custom automation and workflows that execute notifications, status changes, and more
- Real-time data and analytics that make it easy to keep budgets and timelines on track
- Ability to easily assign tasks, align teams, manage resources, and facilitate efficient communication within one platform
- A free 14-day trial for any of its plans so you have an opportunity to experience the software for yourself before making a commitment
5 Ceridian Dayforce
Ceridian Dayforce aims to help companies and their employees reach their maximum potential. Their focus is on people in an all-in-one, always-on software system. The system can manage full-time employees, hourly workers, and independent contractors so that the software can meet the needs of the company no matter who they hire. Ceridian’s development tools help companies retain employees by developing their careers. Additionally, they help businesses stay compliant with laws and regulations that impact their industry.
Why Ceridian Dayforce Made Our List of Best Talent Management Software
- Day one commitment with the support team to help companies and their employees with the implementation of the new software system
- Endless opportunities for companies to continue developing their employees
- Ability to remove extra work by integrating information from multiple sources into one software
- A tight-knit Dayforce community that enables communication between Ceridian customers to help one another if need be
6 SAP SuccessFactors
SAP seeks to make managing HR through software a more engaging experience for everyone, including everyone in HR as well as employees. Their goal is to encourage everyone to perform their best work through engagement. The software also includes core HR and payroll features to enable companies to support their staff members no matter where in the world they’re working. On top of that, SAP seeks to future-proof companies by helping them prepare for what’s coming next by expanding employees’ skills and knowledge with its talent management tools.
Why SAP SuccessFactors Made Our List of Best Talent Management Software
- Continuous development of the systems, making a positive impact every time you log in
- Integration features with other third parties to facilitate more communication through customers, employees, and managers
- Tools for tracking and recording employees’ attendance and work hours as well as clock-in and clock-out features
- Ability to identify high-potential employees and plan for leadership succession, ensuring a smooth transition when key positions become vacant
7 Oracle Fusion Cloud
This unified solution connects every HR process, across recruiting, human resources, talent management, and workforce management. The modern design allows each user, from employees to managers, to configure their needs and preferences. Since Oracle Cloud was natively built for the cloud, there is a consistent experience across devices, empowering employees and managers to make informed decisions at all times.
Why Oracle Fusion Cloud Made Our List of Best Talent Management Software
- An AI-first approach where data and advanced machine learning are combined to help improve talent management, provide complete workforce insights, and increase operational efficiency
- 24/7 customer service across 145 countries
- A platform that offers security, scalability, and performance by running on best-in-class cloud infrastructure
- Global capabilities to meet unique needs for 200+ jurisdictions and 25+ languages
Criterion’s human capital management software is designed to enable mid-sized companies with between 200-5,000 employees to manage their payroll, HR, talent engagement, and other people processes all in one place. Founded in 1984, Criterion can help your company by balancing usability with functionality to meet the needs of your company. This software combines usability and functionality to make it one of the best talent management systems available.
Why Criterion Made Our List of Best Talent Management Software
- Data security includes threat detection, data back-ups, and 24/7 monitoring
- All-in-one HR, payroll, talent management, and workforce management system
- Self-service features that allow employees to securely access their personal information
- Cloud-based for easy access anywhere, including mobile devices
9 APS Software
APS’ mission is to make payroll and HR easier by designing software to simplify workforce management tasks for mid-market organizations. They provide their clients and partners with personalized service and support to meet their company’s specific needs and goals. They have retained, since their founding in 1996, a 98% customer satisfaction rate. APS Software allows companies to streamline payroll processing, automate HR workflows, and elevate the employee lifecycle with a single-system platform.
Why APS Software Made Our List of Best Talent Management Software
- Empowers employees and managers through self-service options
- Centralize format eliminates the need for double data entry
- Continuous improvements made based on user feedback
- Recruiting and onboarding options assist with staffing
- Highly personalized service with a low cost of ownership
10 People HR
People HR offers HR, applicant tracking, and payroll software and services designed primarily to meet the needs of organizations in the information and communication technology, finance, manufacturing, charity, nonprofit, wholesale, and retail industries. For ease of access and employee empowerment, People HR has a mobile app as well as self-service HR. This can take a lot of the management tasks away from HR staff in order to free up more time. Founded in 2014, People HR has applicant tracking features aimed at enabling companies to attract top talent.
Why People HR Made Our List of Best Talent Management Software
- Customizable job board posting as well as candidate to recruitment pipeline
- A performance module that allows employees to request 360-degree reviews to receive feedback from peers
- Real-time progress tracking
- Access to web-based software anywhere at any time
What Is Talent Management Software?
This kind of software enables automation of all the processes that come with talent management processes. The solutions offered by this software provide businesses, HR personnel, and managers with a wide range of functions to manage all employee lifecycles. Talent management software can help reduce the time HR personnel spend on the administrative side of recruiting, improve the candidate experience and talent pipeline, expand employee engagement and onboarding, and streamline the onboarding process.
Kinds of Talent Management Software
Talent management software is divided into many software categories that cover solutions ranging from recruiting all the way through offboarding. They are often divided into four main subcategories: recruiting, training and development, performance, management, and compensation management. The following is a more in-depth description of the talent management categories and subcategories.
Career Management Software
This is a type of talent management solution that helps companies support their employees’ career development. This helps employees make greater strides in their career development while also helping the company strategically plan for the business’s future.
Compensation Management Software
Businesses, HR personnel, and managers use this software to manage salaries, plan employee bonuses and recommend pay increases all in one place. This makes it easier for multiple departments to access these records to make salary decisions
Employee Engagement Software
This software helps organizations keep an eye on their employees with pulse surveys that collect employee feedback, gauge employee sentiment, and promote employee achievement. It’s a great way to asses ways that the organization is excelling in employee engagement and determine in which ways they can improve.
Employee Recognition Software
This is a reward software that allows employees to redeem points from various tasks assigned by management. When they complete certain tasks, reach or excel expectations, or overall have consistent performance, they can be granted these points. The company can choose what prizes to include as well as how expensive they are.
Offboarding software is used to coordinate the offboarding process and to track all forms and paperwork necessary for the employee to exit. Additionally, organizations can include exit interview software to provide them with actionable insights from the exiting employee.
This is the most notable talent management software as it helps facilitate the recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of new talent. Other recruiting solutions that are included include employee referral software, job board software, job description management software, pre-employment screening software, recruiting automation software, talent acquisition suites software, and video interviewing software.
Training eLearning Software
Another popular software, that helps with training, educating, and developing employees or customers. This type of software is divided into other software subcategories that include: corporate learning management systems, course authoring software, eLearning content software, learning experience platforms, mentoring software, and microlearning platforms.
Why Use Talent Management Software?
Talent management software helps small business owners, HR personnel, and managers automate and streamline all processes associated with the talent pool. Managing various HR processes can feel overwhelming, so having software to help divide the tasks and even perform some of the tasks automatically can help employees feel more in control. There are many advantages to utilizing talent management systems.
Connecting and Sharing Data
When data is locked into one system with the inability to share or synchronize it with other software systems it makes it difficult to reach it and analyze it. Talent management systems can integrate and align HR processes, making them easier to access. This helps everyone in the organization better understand the business in order to make better decisions. Integrated talent management systems help companies to:
- Track employees seamlessly from hire to retire
- Identify skills gaps and development opportunities
- Connect performance to compensation management and career development
- Develop robust succession plans based on accurate and current data
Strategic Hiring Process
Talent management processes can help companies recruit top talent that everyone is seeking. These systems make it easier for talent acquisition and help to hire people by automating tasks like job posting, application tracking, and offer management. This frees up time so that HR and recruiters can focus on the candidates directly.
Improved Onboarding Experience
Onboarding software can allow employees to create profiles that hold all of the necessary information needed for onboarding. This automates the hiring process since the recruitment team can take all the information from the employee profile without having to ask the same questions repeatedly.
Retain Top Talent
It’s more beneficial to businesses to retain top talent rather than to continuously employ new employees. Talent management software stores all information in one place and can simplify the tracking of performance, goals, skills, and career aspirations. This can help companies assess their employees’ happiness and identify any opportunities for development or promotion.
Talent management systems include options for employee training and development opportunities. This allows employees to take courses, develop skills, and pursue certifications relevant to their career development. The software gathers employee skills data which helps HR assign training from the employee’s personal profile.
Increased Employee and Manager Engagement
Investing in employee and management engagement can help with professional development and increase overall company morale. An integrated talent management program helps employees invest in the company, align their daily work with its goals, and pursue their personal goals and address job abandonment.
How To Choose the Best Talent Management Software
Depending on the company, the talent management goals will demand different solutions. The set of features one company may want or need will differ from other companies. There is a guideline that organizations can follow to structure their talent management software search.
Step 1: Build a Checklist
You’ll want to create a list of software functions that your business needs as well as a separate list of functions that would be nice but aren’t essential at this moment. You need to analyze your company’s goals, challenges, and the gap that needs to be filled on priority. This list will not look identical from company to company since it’s dependent on the organization’s requirements.
Step 2: Talk to Your Stakeholders
After your checklist, the next step is to discuss with your company’s employees and stakeholders, namely the recruitment team. It is essential that all parties are on the same page with the plan before moving forward. You have to identify suitable feature sets and make necessary changes to your plan or lists.
Step 3: Create a Report
After the meeting, you should have a solid understanding of the priority needs your company has and with that, you should create a comprehensive report. This ensures that all the information is in one place and it will make it easier during your Talent Management Systems software vendor search.
Step 4: Compare Vendors
With the report, browse through the marketplace and find which talent management software companies that align with the goals and objectives of the company. The two common ways to evaluate talent management software are:
- Going through review sites: Software reviews are available on vendor sights for a reason. They summarize users’ reviews on various tools and functions and rank them from highest-rated to lowest. You can use these reviews to pick a suitable vendor for your company.
- Hands-on experience: Take advantage of companies who provide a Talent Management Systems free trial software or demo before purchasing one. This will help you get better insight into how the features work and help you make your decision.
Step 5: Use A Software Matching Tool
If you’re unsure of where to look or if you’re simply stuck in your TMS search, Matchr offers a software matching tool at your fingertips. At no cost at all, you’re able to take a simple survey that asks you questions about your company and its software needs and get matched with handfuls of software systems and vendors. From there, you can explore their functions, features, and tools, and even look at product reviews. This allows you to compare multiple vendors and find software that fits you.