- Matchr’s Top 3 HRMS Software Picks
- Trusted By
- Matchr’s List of Top 10 Best HRMS Software Recommendations For 2024
- What Is HRMS?
- How Can HRMS Software Benefit an Organization?
- What Are the Common Functions of HRMS Systems?
- How Do You Keep Your HRMS Secure?
- What Needs Can an HRMS Meet?
- Which HRMS Software System is Right for You?
Last Updated on
A great human resource management software (HRMS) can make the work of the HR and IT teams more manageable. Many companies opt to use HRMS to help these two departments connect seamlessly.
With remote work increasingly becoming a business model, HR work has become more complex. It’s necessary for HR to be more involved with the company’s prospective and current employees through every interaction they have with the company. From the recruiting process to hiring and training and continuous evaluations, the manpower behind these tasks makes HR management software an imperative addition to the team.
Matchr’s Top 3 HRMS Software Picks
Matchr’s List of Top 10 Best HRMS Software Recommendations For 2024
1 BambooHR Software
BambooHR is a comprehensive, online core HRMS software solution that streamlines and centralizes employee information into a single database with instant, real-time alerts and reports. It offers secure and remote access to data so that employees can log in remotely, no matter where they are. BambooHR is an all-in-one platform that gives your growing organization the foundation it needs to build a thriving workplace. They work by consolidating all your HR software into a single platform, helping you grow your people, improve your employees’ experience, and take your business forward.
Why BambooHR Software Made Our List of Best HRMS Software
- Winner of a 2013 Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility
- Support of six languages and a variety of currencies in 70 countries worldwide
- Online and customized product demos are available, along with video tutorials, forums, training webinars, and white papers
- Live customer support team accessible by phone/email
- Support of MS Windows, Mac, and online platforms as well as mobile/tablet/PC accessibility
- No hidden/extra charges for enhanced features, customizations, multiple administrators, support, or inactive employees
Zimyo is a leading HR Tech platform that offers the best employee experience to organizations of all sizes. They assist organizations in managing employee lifecycle from hire to retirement and offer a one-stop solution for all HR requirements that aid organizations in augmenting their productivity and workplace engagement. Zimyo is on a mission to empower thousands of organizations globally to offer true employee experience to their employees. With more than 40+ modules, it is packed with all the features to handle your daily HR activities.
Why Zimyo Made Our List of Best HRMS Software
- Awarded with G2 badges: High Performer in APAC region, Easy to Use, Fastest Implementation, Easy to Do Business With, Users Love Us, and more prestigious titles.
- Founded recently in 2018 and has continued to make headway in the tech industry
- Suitable for ALL company sizes, from small to large
- Support for Android, IOS, Web Browser, and Windows
- Retirement plan management
- 360-degree reviews
Paychex is a payroll, HR, and benefits software platform that is designed to help make HR and businesses run more smoothly. The software can help companies adapt to the future by improving productivity in remote, on-site, or hybrid workplaces. Different sizes of businesses have different needs and Paychex can accommodate them all, from the self-employed and small businesses with 1 to 19 employees to larger businesses with 50 to more than 1,000 employees on staff. For companies that start out small, they can switch to a different Paychex solution as they grow.
Why Paychex Made Our List of Best HRMS Software
- They have a convenient app for employee and employer use
- Responsive Paychex Flex team to sort out any problems or questions
- Transition from other HRMS made seamless
- Customizable for the different needs/wants of different departments within the company
- Web-based forms and self-service portal
- Tax compliance forms included in the software
Zenefits is a comprehensive, web-based HRMS system that manages all HR, payroll, time-tracking, and benefits processes from a single online dashboard. HR processes are integrated so that changes made will automatically initiate changes to all relevant information. The reporting allowed by Zenefits software can also increase visibility across the organization, allowing managers to view data from multiple locations and departments in one place for fact-based decision-making and reporting.
Why Zenefits Made Our List of Best HRMS Software
- Revenue share is 100 percent paid by benefits/service providers
- No need to switch systems since HCM can connect directly with clients’ current payroll, health insurance, and other HR vendors and fully integrate them
- No per employee/per year contracts and no hidden fees
- All-in-one solution adaptable to any size business
- Extremely fast-growing SaaS/HR software company
- The development team issues regular updates/refinements based on user feedback
5 ADP Workforce Now
ADP has created both HRMS and HCM systems, so they have been known for their successful software systems. ADP Workforce Now software is designed specifically to meet the needs of mid-sized companies with a staff of between 50 and 999 employees. This software system also comes equipped with artificial intelligence that can identify key areas that need improvement. Insights are provided to managers and executives so that changes can be made to quickly help your company make the best decisions. This all-in-one solution manages all functions of HR, eliminating the need for manual data entry, reducing paperwork, preventing compliance errors, and improving productivity.
Why ADP Workforce Now Made Our List of Best HRMS Software
- Support for compliance with local requirements and ordinances for laws, company policies, union regulations, scheduling, and more
- Hassle-free onboarding, employee editing, and offboarding
- Artificial intelligence for HR insights and strategic advice
- Automatic deductions and filing of federal, state, and local taxes
- Talent management from recruitment through training and succession planning
- Integration with existing benefits, human resources, and payroll and tax management systems.
6 UKG Pro
You can transform your business with a connected global workforce experience delivered through resilient and mindful HR technology with UKG Pro. With UKG Pro, businesses can get numerous benefits through its different HR management functions. They are the leading provider of HCM, payroll, HR service delivery, and workforce management solutions that help organizations have better business outcomes, improve HR efficiency, and make the workplace more connected for everyone.
Why UKG Pro Made Our List of Best HRMS Software
- Award-winning workplace culture that puts people first
- UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos – combines 70 years of experience
- Supports thousands of top companies around the world
- No-hassle updates automatically revise regulatory information and ensure compliance
- Helps clients go paperless with no fuss
7 Orange HRM
OrangeHRM highlights four main components: people management, talent management, compensation, and culture. These four modules have features covering a range of tools that HR needs to run its processes. There are so many functions within each module that it would take pages to list them all here. With OrangeHRM, you can hire the right people while also establishing a culture of learning that provides all employees with the tools and skills they need to do their jobs to the best of their ability.
Why OrangeHRM Made Our List of Best HRMS Software
- A remarkably complete free plan including performance management tools
- Easy to use and great for startups and larger companies alike
- Generally easy to learn and use
- Training features include tracking progress and evaluations
Deel is specially built for remote teams where anyone anywhere can get hired and get paid. Instantly hire full-time employees or independent contractors across the world legally in minutes. With Deel, companies take care of payroll and create localized legal contracts in over 150 countries using a tech-enabled self-serve process. They serve more than 15,000 customers, from SMBs to publicly traded companies
Why Deel Made Our List of Best HRMS Software
- Works with cryptocurrency and makes it easier and faster for employees to get paid
- The support/client success team is responsive, friendly, intelligent, and helpful
- Getting started with Deel is simple and seamless
- Transition and integration from other HRMS software is made effortless
- Flexibility in pricing policy
Freshteam is the smart HR software for growing businesses that helps you attract, hire, onboard, offboard, and maintain employee information all in one place. They help you source top talent through various channels and recruiters have the ability to collaborate with the hiring managers to make the interview process better for all parties. In addition to their many web-based functions, they also offer Android and IOS apps to enable employees to carry out important actions on the go, no matter where they may be.
Why Freshteam Made Our List of Best HRMS Software
- Automatic generation and organization of a chart based on employee information and titles
- Employee self-service portal empowers employees to take charge of their own data
- Candidates can be sourced from job boards, social media, referrals, career pages, and more with just one click
- Resume parsing reduces the time it takes to screen candidates
- Customizable automation rules streamline the application tracking process
10 Cezanne HR
The core of Cezanne HR’s HRMS software is its people management features that are offered in multiple languages. This is designed to help companies manage their people in any and all HR environments. Cezanne HR streamlines HR processes and simplifies the process of remaining compliant with regulations and laws with automated notifications and electronic signatures. HR professionals can use the software to create HR portals and workspaces customized for each company’s needs. Overall. Cezanne HR was designed to help companies succeed as much as possible by helping them effectively manage their time and resources.
Why Cezanne Made Our List of Best HRMS Software
- Awarded by Software Advice as FrontRunner in 2020 based on user reviews
- Customizable with which modules you can turn on and off and very easy to use and configure
- Accommodating Cezanne support staff to assist with onboarding and the learning of Cezanne HR’s features
- Manager and employee self-service
- A comprehensive “help” section to provide invaluable training for administrators
What Is HRMS?
HRMS combines systems and processes that connect human resource management and information technology through HR software. An HRMS has a multitude of functions that can help HR through candidate selection, payroll management, and overall maintenance of employee information within the organization.
The HRMS takes the more monotonous, repetitive, and time-consuming HR-related tasks so that the team has more bandwidth to perform other, necessary tasks. With the HRMS taking care of the more menial tasks, human resources management can have more time to focus on the company’s culture, employee retention, preventing employee complaints, and other highly impactful areas.
What’s the Difference Between HRMS and HRIS?
The term HRMS is used interchangeably with HRIS (Human Resource Information System). HRMS is the overall branch term that describes all HR management software, whereas HRIS is a type of HRMS. What’s the difference between the two?
With all the schematics and technicalities out of the way, there is no real difference, functionally, in the type of systems offered by going by HRMS or HRIS. Previously, HRMS was a more complete automated solution to human resource management than software labeled HRIS, but that isn’t the case today. Many companies have rebranded to make the difference between the two practically indistinguishable. There are some notable differences between HRMS and HRIS, but generally, they function the same.
HRIS Main Functions
An HRIS is designed to track numerical data and employee information such as the employees’ schedules or social security numbers. It also is used to help HR departments manage their policies, procedures, and people. Tasks that HRIS is typically used for include:
- Benefits administration
- Data tracking
- Workflow automation
- Accounting functions
HRMS Main Functions
HRMA is more robust and is comprised of both IT and HR management technology. It deals with the same information as HRIS and HCM (Human Capital Management) software in addition to non-quantitative information. The unique HRMS features include:
- Employee satisfaction
- Job performance
How Can HRMS Software Benefit an Organization?
There are few businesses in any industry that have succeeded without some sort of HR automation in place. Mobile accessibility has transformed modern HR departments by putting information and task management at the fingertips of managers and employees. While you can always outsource human resources instead of using software solutions, keep in mind that HR automation is one of the best things that happened to companies recently.
HRMS software can help large organizations and small startups to increase their rate of growth and productivity. Some examples of additional benefits that an organization can see when using an HRMS platform are:
- Employees can input their personal information by themselves
- HRMS comes with built-in security like authentication measures
- HRMS is customizable to fit the needs of the user and organization
- HR managers can schedule automated reminders and emails ahead of time.
What Are the Common Functions of HRMS Systems?
The function of the human resources department involves tracking employee’s history, skills, abilities, salaries, and accomplishments. Replacing some of these processes with HRMS systems can distribute these tasks so that gathering this information is not delegated strictly to HR.
Each module performs a separate function within the HRMs that helps with information gathering and tracking.
Payroll is one of the most important aspects of your business. With an HRMS, payroll tasks can be bundled with time and attendance, scheduling, and other data collection to calculate payroll. This makes it easier to process payroll. Having all of these combined removes the need for additional data input.
Recruitment and Onboarding
HRMS provides pre-built onboarding checklists, forms, and templates making it easier for HR professionals to create a consistent and efficient onboarding process. Additionally, HRMS can review the current features of your employees and then apply that data to a pool of candidates to find the best fit.
Attendance management was made into HRMS features to help remote businesses and employees keep track of their time. Employees can post their availability, remotely check in or out of work, and apply for time off all in one place.
Employee self-service allows employees to take care of different human resource-related and job-related tasks. The ability for employees to change their personal information, view their schedule, and submit time-off requests means that HR does not have to do it themselves. While they may require permission or approval, it’s much easier to do it virtually through a request rather than through a meeting.
HRMS offers customization options for benefits open enrollment and management. This allows employers to set up rules like auto-enroll, tax percentages, dependent types, and benefit tiers. The available benefits and permissions can also be customized, giving employers more power at their fingertips.
How Do You Keep Your HRMS Secure?
Security is one of the main factors when it comes to determining which HRMS is the best for you. The information stored in an HRMS is highlight sensitive and it is essential for companies to choose a solution that utilizes a method of secure transmission such as SSL. SSL encrypts the data as it transmits over the internet.
Information should also be guarded by passwords that have varying levels of access for what is needed. Employees must understand the importance of maintaining integrity and security when accessing an HRMS. Safeguards should also be in place to quickly bar terminated employees’ access to the systems.
What Needs Can an HRMS Meet?
Before a company makes a decision regarding which HRMS they should use, it is important for the team to identify what needs the company has as well as their long-term and short-term goals. It is essential to the project and the company’s success to involve the HR professionals throughout this process.
Signs Your Company May Need an HRMS
It’s important to be honest with your company’s performance in order to determine which HRMS may be the most helpful for you. Some points to consider when figuring out if your company needs an HRMS include:
- Your HR department is overworked and doesn’t have time to perform all of its tasks
- Your company is losing business and money on HR data/compliance errors
- Your office is spread over multiple locations and has no unifying platform to connect them with a direct supervisor
- You lack the measures to control unengaged employees or have no way to monitor the reasons behind employee turnover
- Your employees have no responsibility or opportunity to manage their own performance appraisal
Which HRMS Software System is Right for You?
With help from Matchr, finding an HRMS that fits your needs can be fast and easy. At Matchr, we take the pain out of your search by doing all of the heavy lifting for you and providing you with a short list of highly compatible solutions. If you’re ready to find the best HRMS vendors for your company, visit our HRMS software vendors page to get started. Also, we can help you if you need free HRMS software solutions.